Cancer Community
Hard pea sized lump on left side of buttocks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

About a month & a half ago,i noticed a hard pea sized lump on the side of my left buttock,about 6 inches below my waist.it hasnt changed in size but is still present.it doesnot normally hurt but pains a little if i squeeze it.the pain is never severe.the lump is present below the skin & is raised only a little on the surface.the skin around the area is slightly darker in color,like i've bruised it somewhere.the lump is firm & immovable.sometimes i feel a pulling sensation around the area,like the skin around the lump is getting stretched towards it.this is a slight discomfort & not exactly painful.sometimes if i sleep on my side on the lump,it seems to harden than normal then after sometime it gets a bit tender.it also hurts a bit then.sometimes i also feel a tingling sensation around the area,right below the buttocks(back of the thigh) & the waist.its like a pinching sensation with some discomfort.the lump is usually not too hard but becomes harder on applying pressure for some time.but the size has never increased or decreased.These are the exact descriptions related.what could be the problem?please help. Thank you.