Has Anyone had tounge cancer
I have been in recovery for 4 years and had half my tounge cut off. I can not eat the normal foods. I lost alot of weight. Can anyone relate? Have no taste buds. Have any food suggestions or please share your experience with me so I can find someone to relate with.
ewid
Hi there,
After tongue surgery you may have to stick to soft foods which are easy to swallow. You need to choose nutritionally dense foods which will help you boost your intake of vitamins and minerals. Intake of yoghurt will ensure calcium intake and help in maintaining function of your muscles and nerves. A balanced and healthy diet will be helpful. Sufficient amount of cereals and soft diets like fruit puddings may be tried. Take care to ensure sufficient intake of riboflavin otherwise its deficiency can result in tongue swelling. Do consult your doctor for more information. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!