Has Dr got it wrong?
Hey Doctor,

Last October, I found two identical lumps on either side of my groin - they were rubbery, could be moved under the skin and were about the size of half of a pea. However, over time - these have changed shape, becoming longer. I can now feel more lumps in my groin, also, one under my chin - and 2 either side on my neck, however, these are quite small.

I went to my GP to get these checked out and he said that they seem normal and I can only feel them because I am 'skinny' however, I'm about 200lbs, 6ft2 - far from skinny really. He also asked me what websites I'd been reading, saying nothing to worry about etc. What is the reason for my lymph nodes changing shape like this? Could it be lymphoma?
Also, over the past few weeks - after particularly heavy sessions of alcohol, my nodes have been slightly tender - feeling as if they're pressing outwards. When I have been drinking, I've found that I've gotten really quite drunk off a quantity which normally wouldn't have bothered me. Could this be another sign of lymphoma?

I''ve been to see the same Dr twice about the lymph nodes and he's said its nothing to worry about - is he right or could there be something wrong?

Thanks a lot,
Alex 18

This discussion is related to Enlarged Lymph Nodes in Neck.
if you have a small cut anywhere on your body it could cause your lymph nodes to swell. usually the ones in your neck means you have a infection it could be a cold, sore throat, mono, strep,swollen tonsils, and so on even if you have no other symptoms. i had one in my groin area before and i went to the doctor and that's who told me that i could have a small cut and most likely it will be on the bottom of my foot but it will be on the same side that has the swollen lymph node. when i went home i looked all over my leg and foot come to find out i had a very small cut between my toe you could barley see it. but if you want to make sure that it is nothing b/c all doctors will know different and treat different i would go see a different doctor and see what they say.
Even for a skinny person, it seems like a lot of activity in the lymphatic system. Did the doctor have blood drawn to determine if you're fighting off any infection(s)?
No, nothing - just checked them and sent me home