Cancer Expert Forum
Has the cancer returned

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Has the cancer returned

My mom who is 79 years of age had a total hysterecompy on May 8th.    For two days she is having what seems to be a brown vaginal discharge - it is on her underwear and not on any tissue when she wipes.    She says it is nothing - just stool and urine combined.    I am very concerned about this as this has not happened before.   Her next Drs. appointment is on August 27th.   Could this be true that it is stool and urine combined as it happens in the night and she does have a bladder problem.   Could it be that she is leaking stool also?  What should I do?  Also she has been drinking quite a lot of different fruit juices?   Could this have something to do with it?   Thanks for any advice as I am going crazy  worrying  about it but she does not want to tell the Dr. about it as she is embarassed by it.
In the immediate post-operative period after pelvic surgery, there my be transient loss of sphincter activity, leading to urine or stool incontinence in some patients.
I dont think that these symptoms have anything to do with fruit juices.
There is absolutely no need to be embarassed - please discuss this in detail with your mothers surgeon. Also make sure that there is no underlying infection.
All the best, and God Bless!
Thank you.   Your answer has been most helpful.    I will discuss with her dcotor if she doesn't.   Thanks again.
Good day Dr.  saini,

My mom had her check up with the doctor and everything was okay.  All tests were normal.     However, last Saturday afternoon she slipped in the bathroom  and fell due to some powder on the floor. She said she was okay - but on Sunday she had a small amount of brown discharge again -  just once this time.   Could this be from the fall (trauma).   It is now 4 months since here Hysterecompy/BSO  for uterine cancer.
It is unlikely that a fall will lead to pv discharge.
If this recurs, it may be a good idea to get a physical exam done.
Good Luck
A related discussion, Oesophageal polyps was started.