Help deciphering terminology Heterogenous mass
My mum had a complete hysterectomy to remove a ii2 endometrial cancer 4 years ago.  She had an ultrasound in January and she has a pelvic mass that is described as:

Heterogeneous, mildly vascular with some areas of cystic change.

I would like to know what that means and whether it is likely to be another carcinoma.

Hello and hope you are doing well.
I may be able to confirm the exact cause only after a complete medical history, clinical examination and work up. There can be several causes of this finding like a cystic lesion, haemorrhagic lesion, malignant or neoplastic lesion. It would have been really helpful if you had shared more information about her symptoms. This lesion could possibly be in the adnexa or ovaries. It would be best to discuss this test result with her doctor and get your doubts clarified. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best wishes and take care!

Mum has no symptoms other than the mass, which gives her tummy ache.  Her ovaries were removed when she had the hysterectomy in 2009.

We are seeing the Dr again in a couple of weeks, but I was wondering if that particular description indicated anything in particular.

Charlotte.