Cancer Community
Help pls !!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Help pls !!

A year back my mother had cervical cancer stage 1B but she had a radical hysterometry and now exactly after 1 year she has bleeding from her anus(fresh red blood).  Its been about 2 weeks now its not in great quantity just a little bit. Could this be related to her cervical cancer? Is this serious? God forbid if it is related to her cervical is it curable ?! Please help me and answer as much as you can for me. I'm very depressed about this.

FYI :She also had a Ureteral reimplantation few months back after her 1 kidney was blocked due to the cervical operation
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
In invasive cancer of the cervix there can be painless haematuria, altered bowel habit, painless fresh rectal bleeding etc.Your mother has already been cured as you said so you should not be worried. Even if it’s due to cervical cancer the prognosis can be determined only after a complete evaluation. Few common conditions causing fresh blood in stools are hemorrhoids, anal fissure, ulcerative colitis, polyps etc.See a doctor. A clinical examination and work up is important. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Thank you for your reply. Since we are right now not in reach of the doctor I hope a few days delay will not put anyone at risk. Another question : If this is related to her cancer could this be serious? As in dangerous for her? Pls help me out I'll just too worried. And yes she has had her treatment for cervical before the doctor had said after the operation 1/3 of the tumor is still there and she needs a regular check up every 3 months and when she had her check up in Jan she was all fine and healthy by the grace of god.