Cancer Community
Help...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help...

Idk, I'm 18 years old, and I've been going crazy with a possibility that i have a brain tumor for about 2 years. My doctor calms me down and always says that I'm find and thus refuses to give me an MRI. Recently I've been having headaches which I usually claim to stress..but idk anymmore. they are sometimes on one side and go up from my neck to the forehead. usually they ago away with advil..but I get them often..and now it's like a pain around my eyes and sometimes my eyes hurt when they move. So I had a scare that it could be optic neuritis, which is a sign of brain tumor. So Idk anymore, can someone relate or does someone have any feedback..I'm supposed to go to the eye doctor soon, but I'm going crazy. :(
Related Discussions
Hi.  Brain tumor is a rare condition, compared to other non-cancerous causes of headache and eye pain (example: migraine, tension headache, error of refraction).  These have to be excluded first before a diagnosis of brain cancer is even contemplated.  There are symptoms and signs which your doctor is certain to pick up which can give clues that you may have brain cancer.  The fact that your doctor has refused to do any additional brain imaging procedure probably means that he has not seen these symptoms in you. So stop worrying about it. Your chances of having cancer at this time are remote.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...