Cancer Community
Help...Hodgkins Treatments, leaking heart valves, thyroid nodules

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Hi, I had ABVD chemo, 6 weeks radiation to the T field and MOPP Chemo 19 years ago at the age of 22...now I have 2 "moderate" leaking heart valves and am waiting for a second opinion on my needle biopsy of the nodules on my thyroid. The cardiologist says that I'm too young for "moderate" leaking (I'm 42 now). The Endocrinologist first lab results on the needle biopsy says: " The specimen is cellular and consists of a monotonous population of follicular cells in microfollicles.  Colloid is scanty.  Features of Papillary Carcinoma are not seen.  The differential diagnosis includes Adenomatous Hyperplasia and Follicular Neoplasm."  What does all this mean?  I also have started having sharp, burning type pains in my feet and lower legs several times a day. Could this be the beginning of Neuropathy?  I have heart fluttering and pounding almost every day but more often during menstruation. I'm tired, depressed sometimes, ...my cardiologist says my cholesterol is high (208) but won't tell me how to help my heart in regards to the cholesterol being that the valves are leaking too.  I'm overwhelmed and don't feel secure in what to else to do. I'm currently wearing a 30 day monitor for the heart fluttering. I've got 3 weeks left on it. I also have painful varicose veins that seem to be getting worse. Can you offer some information and support?  Thank you very much. By the way I am not sterile...I have 4 children!!!