High risk of Gastric Carcinoma
Hi, I am a Cealiac which is under control. On April 2009 had a gastroscopy, Diagnosis: Peptic Ulcer and was adviced Nexium 40 mgs 2 times dly, H,Pylori was negative. On June 2009 had another Gstrascopy, Diag: Chronic Atrophic Gastritis,was adviced to continue Nexium 20mgs dly, H,pylori was negative but after a few days it came darker, Dr was informed but didn`t give me ABs. On 1st July 2010 had another Gastrascopy, before the result even the H,pylori was negative, Dr prescribed Amoxil 1gr 2 times dly & Tavanic 500mg 2 times dly. I just received the result by post, Diag:Reactive Gastritis.I noticed that in the microscopic examination there is focal intestinal metaplasia,which was already present on June 2009. I am worried because I have a strong family history of carconoma,both parents died fue to CA,with my dad having gastric CA. My question is, do you think chemoprevention treatment is a good solution please? , or there might be other solutions?

Regards
Delfina
There is NO diagnosis of carcinoma/cancer so chemotherapy would NOT be an option.

The diagnosis is Reactive Gastritis; no cancer.  Focal intestinal metaplasia can present with this condition.  Though it is NOT cancer, you should be monitored closely, especially given the family history of gastric cancer (your father) and it puts you at HIGH risk for developing Intestinal-Type Gastric CA.

Other solutions:  That is for your physician who is treating you to decide.  
Thanks for the answer :)

I have to go to the Gastronenteroligist tomorrow.

Thanks again and Regards
Keep us posted.

All the best to you.