Cancer Community
Hole in back of throat.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Hole in back of throat.

I have a small hole in the back of my throat, squeezed some hard white stuff out of it. It went down for a couple days but now its back and it started bleeding. What is it? Tonsillitis, or worse?
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
I may be able to confirm the exact cause of your symptoms only after a clinical examination. It may be possible that you are suffering from tonsillitis which is an acute infection and inflammation of the tonsils. Tonsil stones called tonsilloliths can also cause pain, swelling and discomfort in swallowing. Do not squeeze it. You will need a course of antibiotics.  A throat examination is necessary for correct diagnosis and management of your condition. Do keep me posted.
Best wishes and luck!