Hypodensity in Kidney and Ovaries
My wife, age 48, survived early stage breast cancer a few years ago.  The doctor noticed that she had some pain when she depressed her stomach and has also had some rather frequient sinus and other infections.

She sent my wife in for a CT and they told us today that she has "hypodensities" (which I understand to be an area that doesn't contrast well on the CT) on her kidney and on both ovaries.  They also said they would bring her back for an ultrasound in SIX WEEKS.

We are distressed that we don't know what this means and, if it means anything, we don't want to wait six weeks.  

Does anyone have thoughts on this?
Hi Jim,
The hypodensities seen on CT scan may be metastases from her previous breast cancer, or may be another primary cancer.  Ancillary procedures would help a lot in order to have a definitive diagnosis.
While waiting for six weeks for an ultrasound, you can seek a second opinion from another oncologist.
Good luck.
My cat scan revealed Small hypodensities of the kidney measure up to a few millimeters and are too small to characterize.

I am very nervous, my lower back has been hurting for 3 week and the pain has went to my lower abdomen.  They also found a cyst on my right ovaries.

I went to see my OB/GYN doctor. He told me a cyst 2 cm in size would not cause pain.  Is that true?  What could be wrong with my kidneys? I am really worried.  I am only 35 years old!  Please help!
I was told that there is a 12mm "hypodensity within the left kidney" in addition to an 8mm sized exophytic  growth within the left kidney. Does that mean there are two growths within the left kidney? Should I be worried?