Cancer Community
I found a knot on my neck behind my ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I found a knot on my neck behind my ear

About a week ago I noticed a small, hard knot right behind my ear.  It is about the size of a pea, pretty firm and causing me minor pain.  And, maybe I am being paranoid, but the more I felt around, I found another right behind my ear and one more behind my ear where my hair line starts.  Both are about half the size of a pea but still very sensitive to the touch. Can someone help me?  Thanks
Hi.
The head and neck area has an extensive network of lymph nodes.  There is a possibility that the knot behind your ear is an enlarged lymph node, perhaps secondary to an acute or chronic infection near the area.  An ear infection can cause the lymph nodes behind the ear to enlarge.  However, there are other conditions that can present with enlarged lymph node/s in that area.  Examples include lymphoma and carcinoma.  
You may want to consult your doctor for evaluation and treatment.
Good luck.      
Hi Sarah3764.  I am new to this part of the website. I have been aware of a thyroid cancer and have been associated with that webste for a little while, intermittently.  Now I have been diagnosed with a small pituitary (non secreting according to one doctor, secreting according to another) adenoma. It is 7X6 mm so it is still small. The commonality that intrigues me here is that you, as I myself was, were an avid exerciser.  As I exercised I would get that rush of enorphins that would give me my econd wind, but a few years back, that stopped and I only became tired throughout the day.  I also noticed a change in my sweating.  I use to sweat profusely, then that stropped.  Then I noticed dizziness when I would get down on the floor for my stretching routine.  Has anyone experienced any of these symptoms, and is there a connection to people who exercise  (possibly excessively) to develoing a tumor like this?  Do you, or anyone else have any insiht into this or any similar situations?