Cancer Community
I have a extra bone growth on the front of my chin both sides

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I have/had a bone growth since birth on both sides of my chin.  They feel like they are bones and it doesn not hurt.  However you can somewhat see it so I wan thinking to take it off.  My friend who is a ER doc.  told me not to worry so I have not.  Does anyone know what this is?
Hi!
How do you know it is a bone growth? Was this confirmed on X-ray? If yes, then they must be bone spurs. Usually they are harmless outgrowths and do not require treatment. If no investigations were done, then an x-RAY, a clinical examination and if required a  CT scan should be done to diagnose the lump. Since it is there since birth, it is quite unlikely to be cancer. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.