Cancer Community
I have been bit by a dog and it has left a bump under my skin in leg wh...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I have been bit by a dog and it has left a bump under my skin in leg what is it

I have been bit by a dog and it has left a bump under my skin in leg what is it and it has left a bruise i a really concerned I am 13 and haven't told parents I am really scared please don't tell me it's a tumor
Tags: Dog
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? The bruise may be a normal physiologic effect of the dog's bite and not necessarily a tumor. However,  I suggest that you inform your parents about this and have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. It is important also to determine the vaccination record of the dog who bit you to rule out possible rabies infection. Keep the area clean and dry to prevent secondary bacterial infection. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.