Cancer Community
IBC or Abscess

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

IBC or Abscess

Hi guys,
I have had a sore swollen breast, under the nipple for about 5 weeks. I was hospitalised and put on IV antibiotics. An ultrasound showed a cyst/abscess. They did a aspiration and a little puss came out, was tested and a particular infection was found. I was put on antibiotics and after about 7 days was well on the mend. Pain had gone and lump /hardness was decreasing. Now, a week after i stopped the antibiotics, the pain is starting to return and i had some discharge from my nipple.
Just wondering, a cyst/abscess was present in ultrasound and an ifection was found, and antibiotics did work, so does this mean it shouldnt be Inflammatory Breast Caner. Im getting worries because Im 30 and have a little boy to look after. Thank you