Cancer Community
Iliac crest mass on CT, please help!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Iliac crest mass on CT, please help!

I recently had a cat scan due to a history of diverticulitus and some left side pain. I've been having pain in my left pelvic bone for months and months now, but the doctors just said it was inflammed because of my digestive problems. But this is what was on the report when I got it back::

Immediately lateral to the left iliac crest is a 17x21x25 mm enhancing mass. It is adjacent to the anterior abdominal musculature. However, it appears distinct from the surrounding fat. Etiology of this mass is unclear. Biposy is suggested.

I'm 31, my mom died of cancer and I'm really scared by this.
Could this be cancer?
Do they have to remove the mass to biopsy it?
Just how big is 25 mm?
Someone please give advice!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
ive been having left side pains and im really consirned as well im going to go to the dr. an i will let u know what they say.
Blank
Hi. 25 mm is about an inch long. It's too early to tell whether that mass is cancerous.  The only way we can know for sure is to have that mass biopsied, so this may be the best course of action to take. The type of biopsy which can be done, whether be means of a needle or excision of the entire thing, would depend on how accessible the mass is.
Blank
What ever happened with you?  Are you ok?  thanks,
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703