Cancer Community
I'm 15 years old and I think I have colon cancer!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I sort of bleed every time.
could I have it?
What do I do?
Tags: Colon
I bleed every time for a year bt only a bit, and I've always been a constipated person.
But the last time I went there was a lot of blood.
I meant a LOT.
And I don't want to tell my mom or go to the doctor if it might be nothing.
Can 15 yr olds get colon cancer?
Well it's unlikely to be "nothing" as it is not normal to bleed every time......but... it is not going to be colon cancer. At your age that would make you a once in a lifetime case for a doctor ie highly unlikely.
It is most likely piles from your constipation. You should still seek treatment for that. There are some other causes that a doctor needs to see you for. Not colon cancer but other gastro type things. "A lot of blood" needs to be investigated, I repeat, not for cancer, but for other things, non life-threatening but still serious.
Good luck, tell your mom.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi.  Pum is right in saying that it's highly unlikely for you to have colon cancer at your age.  Cancer takes some time (usually decades) for the initial abnormality to develop into   a disease which can be noticed. I've had patients with colon cancer who are in their 20's but never someone below twenty.  Still, I agree that you should have yourself seen by a doctor to get proper treatment.  Repeated episodes of bleeding from the anus or rectum should always be taken seriously.
hi i'm from indonesia and i'm 15 years old. do i have colon cancer:

if when i stools the water become blck?( not too black i mean), but the stools is not changing colors and there is also no blood in there. if it not colon cancers what does it mean?
Do i have colon cancer?? I have mild stomac aches on the right side that occassionally for about like 2 minutes go to the left. but i think its mostly gas because i relieve it. and i have a lot of diarrhea, and occasional blood in stool because i think i have hemorrhoids because i have pain during a bowel movement. Oh yeah, im 15 and have NO family history of it
I'm 15 and i have colon cancer. Get it checked out.