Cancer Expert Forum
Is it cancer? 8mm lymph nodes in cervical SPINE

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

This is a question about cervical SPINE. I have been getting treatment for herniated discs and pinched nerves in my neck. I was sent for an MRI in March. At the end of the report it states:
"There are small level 2 deep cervical lymph nodes on the right. These measure approximately 8 mm. in short axis. They are likely reactive."
My Orthopedic Doctor said he could not tell me what this means and to ask my GP, but I don't have one. I just found one and made an appointment but they can't see me for 2 weeks. I have tried googling all of this and everything comes up saying 8 mm nodes in the jugular area are cancerous... but then some say that if they are listed as reactive they are not malignant. I am very confused and very anxious as to the possible explanations for this. ANt information would be greatly appreciated.

mmillerz
A "reactive" lymph node implies non-cancerous nature. These may be a bit enlarged due to a variety of causes - infection, inflammation, etc.
Relax. There is no reason to suspect cancer in your case based on your symptoms and incidental finding of a few tiny lymph nodes.
All the best, and God Bless!
This is mmillerz - with something to add to my question. I just remembered that the day before my MRI was done, I had a procedure done to treat the pain from the pinched nerves, herniated disc, stenosis, etc, It was a cervical spine epidural injection. Could this have caused the lymph nodes to become larger and "reactive"? thanks again....
Thank You!!!
Everything I Googled about 8mm kept coming up cancer - I am so relieved!! Thank you thank you!!