Cancer Expert Forum
Is it cancer? 8mm lymph nodes in cervical SPINE
About This Forum:

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Is it cancer? 8mm lymph nodes in cervical SPINE
This is a question about cervical SPINE. I have been getting treatment for herniated discs and pinched nerves in my neck. I was sent for an MRI in March. At the end of the report it states:
"There are small level 2 deep cervical lymph nodes on the right. These measure approximately 8 mm. in short axis. They are likely reactive."
My Orthopedic Doctor said he could not tell me what this means and to ask my GP, but I don't have one. I just found one and made an appointment but they can't see me for 2 weeks. I have tried googling all of this and everything comes up saying 8 mm nodes in the jugular area are cancerous... but then some say that if they are listed as reactive they are not malignant. I am very confused and very anxious as to the possible explanations for this. ANt information would be greatly appreciated.

mmillerz
Discussion is closed
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
322973_tn?1239908038
Hi,
A "reactive" lymph node implies non-cancerous nature. These may be a bit enlarged due to a variety of causes - infection, inflammation, etc.
Relax. There is no reason to suspect cancer in your case based on your symptoms and incidental finding of a few tiny lymph nodes.
All the best, and God Bless!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
This is mmillerz - with something to add to my question. I just remembered that the day before my MRI was done, I had a procedure done to treat the pain from the pinched nerves, herniated disc, stenosis, etc, It was a cervical spine epidural injection. Could this have caused the lymph nodes to become larger and "reactive"? thanks again....
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Thank You!!!
Everything I Googled about 8mm kept coming up cancer - I am so relieved!! Thank you thank you!!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now