Cancer Community
Is it liver cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Is it liver cancer?

Hello! I recently had hysterectomy (6 months ago) as they found a large tumor on my right ovary and it was stage one cancer. i was told it was contained. I had a lot of pressure on my bladder lately and even though my CA125 tests came in okay levels I was told to have a cat scan. Cat scan showed that there are some changes in the vascular activity in my liver. What on earth does that mean? I am a mother of four kids (16, 7 and twins are 2 yrs old) My kids need me and I am so worried. I will have follow up MRI in 2 days. Any words of wisdom? :-(
Avatar dr f tn
Hi, changes in vascularity could sometimes be due to hemangiomas (blood vessels) in liver. Metastatic deposits can also have increased vascularity, but with this usually lesions will be visible on CT scanning. And if there metastatic deposits usually the tumor marker levels will be raised. With the CA 125 levels normal, lets hope there are no deposits in the liver. Take care and good luck.
Just wanted to post an update that the changes in vascularity were actually something I was born with. What a relief. Almost a full year since my surgery. Staying hopeful and wishing everyone health and happiness.