Cancer Community
Is my bruised lump cancerous?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Is my bruised lump cancerous?

On the inside of my forearm, 3 inches above my wrist, is a hard lump about the size of a dime, that moves without pain. Just below this lump is a bruise, about 1 inch in diameter. I have no pain from either of them. The bruise starts out purple for a day then yellows for a day. It has turned purple 3 times and yellowed 3 times. As you can tell this has gone on for a week. I don't remember how I got this but I only noticed it 6 days ago. Is it possible that this lump could be cancerous or is this a typical arm injury?
Tags: bruise, lump, Cancer, arm injury, forearm
Hi!
If the lump appeared after an injury then it can be a localized collection of blood or hematoma and a bruise could be forming due to blood leaking from this. However, a bruise could also be due to low vitamin K, fragile capillaries or due to deep vein thrombus. The lump can also be a ganglion cyst or a neurofibroma (collection of nervous and fibrous tissue). It is important to get a diagnosis. If all these possibilities are ruled out, then yes, a lump with bruising should raise a suspicion of cancer. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.