Cancer Community
Just noticed bump on back on my head to left of right ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I just noticed lump on the back of my head just left of my right ear, about two inches up from my hair line. I haven't bumped into to anything.  It feels like a hard similar to the way your elbow feels. I just noticed it today.
Just to give more information. I have read some of the other lumps in back of head, near ear. I just wanated to add, cancer does run in my family. My father had it in his gum, my grandmother lymph nodes. So of course now I am worried, it is a tumor. I just noticed it today. My neck ad back has been hurting, but being 49 working 2 jobs and 11 year old, thats normal life. I guess it's is size in roundness of quarter , ht maybe size of grape, but it is hard like small rock. Hope this helps figure out if it is something to worry about or not. I did read about not touching it, it may go down. I will check in morning. Any advise is welcomed and many thanks.
Hi.

At this point, there is absolutely no certainty that what you have felt at the back of your head is cancerous. The only thing you can probably be sure of is that it is a tumor of unknown origin.

It would be advisable to have it checked by a physician to determine whether it is something serious or not.

Good luck.
I have just found a small lump in the back of my head about an inch from my hairline. It is very painful  and i have been taking headaches the past few days not like a normal headache. Is this anything to be worried about.
my 18 month old daughter has a small lump on the back of her head righte behind the right ear.I'm really concern any answers.