Cancer Community
LIVER CANCER

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

LIVER CANCER

Would a CT scan show up liver cancer or can it easily miss it?
Have you still not found out the answer to this after all of your postings?
No m8 still in agony - i Had CT scan on tuesday getting results in 2 days -

The bleeding has stopped and weight is now maintaining, just im always soo knackered, sleep for 12 hours, struggle to awake and then feel tired again in couple of hours. Stomach pain is always there agony :(

Sorry to bother people with it, just i feel some1 may have same symtpoms or can advise me, i cant even play with my kids at the moment cause the pain and tiredness even my partner is falling out with me cause im going on about it
results of ct scan was all normal .. would that of picked up on cancer???? thanks in advance
Primary liver cancer is fairly unusual, and the presence of a liver cancer usually causes no pain until it is quite progressed, so I believe with clear ultrasound and clear CT-Scan, you can exclude liver cancer as the cause of your pain.  (Furthermore, unless you have a pre-existing liver disease such as cirrhosis, hepatitis, hemochromatosis, primary liver cancer would be highly unusual.)

I hope your pain and discomfort is resolved soon, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.