Cancer Community
LUMP IN THROAT Left side only

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

LUMP IN THROAT Left side only

Original Post:
I have had the feeling that food is stuck in my throat, or there is a lump for over 2 weeks.  It is only on the left side, and I feel like I am going to go crazy soon.  I have seen an ENT who put a scope down my nose, has a long look and said nothing was there (that was Tuesday).  Yesterday I got an xray of my throat and that doctor said that there were nothing on the xray.  I feel as though I am gagging on this.  I am sooooooooo sick of this, the doctor that it is too long to be a virus, and I have no other symptoms of a viral illness. So he just sent me home, just like the other doctor, and they both shrugged their shoulders.  Can anyone help with this.  The ENT is away on holiday next week.  I am at a loss..................
NEW POST:
OK so now we are into week 6.  I have seen 2 different ENT who both scoped my throat, and said that nothing was there.  I have had a CT Scan (with contrast) which came back totally normal.  WHAT IS THIS!!!!!!!!!!  Does a ct scan with contrast always show any sort of throat cancer?  As for the lump in the are where my left tonsil used to be,  the ENT says that if nothing is abnormal on the CT Scan, then it is just part of my normal anatomy.