Aa
A
A
Close
Lab Question - MGUS M-spike w/elevated WBC, Neutrophil & C3
Hi there ~

I was told last year that I had a monoclonal gammopathy - and because the level was so low, we called it MGUS and I was advised to come back once a year for a "Lab Check-In"

My M-spike was at .1 at that time with an Alpha2 elevation and I believe Kappa type? - since then, my labs show a consistently mild elevation of WBCs, Neutrophils and C3 complement. My lab this year show my M-spike as .5,

Because the M-spike had increased from last year, I am now being referred to an Oncologist May 19th.... I am pretty sure the .5 is still relatively low enough where I am still in MGUS territory - however - the WBCs, Neut and C3 elevation have me a tad worried about it progressing to MM.

Does anyone else with MGUS M-spike have a consistently elevated WBC, Neut? And again, I think my numbers are pretty low so I am not too worried.....but? I thought I would post and ask.

I did have a skeletal survey done and it was normal - no Bone Marrow BX yet, although it was mentioned and no 24hr urine yet.

Any specific questions, labs, tests I should ask for when I see the doc?

Any and all suggestions are helpful and appreciated.

I must also note that I do have an autoimmune disease called Scleroderma with some RA overlap, so the C3 "Could" be from that - but my PCP was not convinced as it is an acute reactive marker?

ohhhhh and one more question while Im thinking about it - Anyone ELSE with autoimmune disease and MGUS?

Thank you!!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi I have full blown MM.  My M-spike was very high when I was diagnosed (would be nearly 10) and I have had low white counts before during and after treatment. So along with that frequent infections which is a Myeloma issue.  

Most family doctors do not see a lot patients with MM.  My doctor only had two others, bother quite a lot older then me with other health conditions too.

I think you are making a good decision to be checked over by someone more familiar with MM.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources