Cancer Community
Labium Majora carcinoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Labium Majora carcinoma

I have had this cancer before, it was a patch of skin on the Labium Majora.  they removed it. now
I have it on the other side.  I really need some kind of information about this type of cancer.  Please
someone help.
Over 90% of cancers of the vulva are squamous cell carcinomas, which means they begin in squamous cells, the main cell type of the skin. This type of cancer usually forms slowly over many years and is usually preceded by pre-cancerous changes that may last for several years.
The second most common type of vulvar cancer (about 2% to 4%) is melanoma. Melanomas develop from the pigment-producing cells that determine the skin's color.
Paget disease of the vulva is a condition in which adenocarcinoma cells are found in the vulvar skin.
Vulvar cancer is diagnosed by biopsy, removing a section of tissue for examination in a laboratory by a pathologist.
Treatment for patients with cancer of the vulva may include:
-surgery, including:
laser surgery - use of a powerful beam of light, which can be directed to specific parts of the body without making a large incision, to destroy abnormal cells
excision - the cancer cells and a margin of normal appearing skin around the cancer is removed
-vulvectomy - surgical removal of part of all of the tissues of the vulvar
-radiation therapy
-chemotherapy .
ref:http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/UVAHealth/adult_gyneonc/vulvar.cfm

ref:http://www.cancer.org/docroot/cri/content/cri_2_4_1x_what_is_vulvar_cancer_45.asp