Large hard painful lump on outer thigh
My daughter is a cancer survivor (Hodkins Lymphoma) 14 years ago when she was 18.  Since then she has had many medical health problems.  We have now noticed a large (small hand size) hard painful lump on her right upper outer thigh.  It not only is painful to put pressure on it, but causes constant pain throughout her right leg.   It is affecting how she walks and sometimes causes her to drag her leg when she has been on it too long.  She has constant pain from severe adhesions and this new area of pain is making it intolerable to function without heavy pain medications.  She also has pain from two bulging disc and nerve damage in her neck and left shoulder from an injury.  Now with this new issue, I'm worried that she may have developed another cancer since she is at risk.

Worried Mother
Hi Josie,
I agree with you.  There is a risk of a second malignancy in patients initially managed with chemotherapy or radiotherapy, most especially if there is a long disease free interval.  The possibility of recurrence should also be entertained.  I would suggest consultation with her oncologist.  There may be a need to do diagnostic work-ups (like a biopsy) to determine what it is.  For the mean time, you can continue with her pain medications and provide adequate pain relief.
Regards