Cancer Expert Forum
Left Hilar Lymph Noed
About This Forum:

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Left Hilar Lymph Noed

Just received a report back from the radiologist which reads "The trachea is midline. THe mediastinal structures and cardiac siloutte show a prominent round density along the left hilum which could represent a left hilar lymph node.  The heart is not enlarged. The lungs are clear." Any clue to what this means? I need to have a second chest x-ray with contrast. Can anyone clue me in on what this means?
Related Discussions
322973_tn?1239908038
Hi,
The report indicates that there is a round mass near the area where the left lung meets the wind pipe (trachea).
A second chest X-Ray with contrast is being planned - is this an oral barium contrast that you need to swallow, and an Xray will be taken from the side to check if this is indenting the food pipe (esophagus)?
I think that you may need a CT scan of the thorax, along with workup for common causes of hilar masses - including infection, TB, sarcoidosis, tumor etc.
All the best, and God Bless!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank