Cancer Expert Forum
Left Hilar Lymph Noed
About This Forum:

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Left Hilar Lymph Noed

Just received a report back from the radiologist which reads "The trachea is midline. THe mediastinal structures and cardiac siloutte show a prominent round density along the left hilum which could represent a left hilar lymph node.  The heart is not enlarged. The lungs are clear." Any clue to what this means? I need to have a second chest x-ray with contrast. Can anyone clue me in on what this means?
Related Discussions
322973_tn?1239908038
Hi,
The report indicates that there is a round mass near the area where the left lung meets the wind pipe (trachea).
A second chest X-Ray with contrast is being planned - is this an oral barium contrast that you need to swallow, and an Xray will be taken from the side to check if this is indenting the food pipe (esophagus)?
I think that you may need a CT scan of the thorax, along with workup for common causes of hilar masses - including infection, TB, sarcoidosis, tumor etc.
All the best, and God Bless!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...