Cancer Community
Likely that this is cancer (very soft bulge in thigh)?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I have recently noticed an extremely soft lump in my inner thigh. I may have had it forever and never really noticed, or perhaps, gained weight and now it's more prominent. I am working on getting a doctor's appointment, of course, but I was wondering if I even have just cause for concern. I ask because it does not feel at all like a tumor and I've known people with tumors (both benign and cancerous), and they are typically hard (or harder than surrounding flesh). This feels very soft and though it is visible, it's not well definied, in that I can't put my fingers on it and tell where it ends, exactly.

I will still see a doctor as soon as possible, but is this even a tumor, would you say? Other than some kind of tumor, what else could it be?
Keep the dr appt. first and foremost, that's the only way to know what it is.  I won't speculate on it bc I am not your provider and I don't believe you should get stressed over it either until you know, it could be a cyst or something less serious than a tumor.

Regardless of the outcome, best wishes to you.