Cancer Community
Liver Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Liver Cancer

My dad had a triple bypass last year, and now he has scarring to his liver and a lump in one of his kidneys.  I thought everything was ok after the operation but all this started happening.  I really dont know what to do but pray its not serious.  He is going to do a biospy soon to check whether its Cirrhosis or liver cancer.  But lucky we saw it sooner and his age is 74 years but still strong.
Hi!
I can understand your concerns since your father had triple bypass just a year ago. Kidney lump and liver scarring should be investigated. You are right that things were detected early and hence it would be easier to treat. Usually kidney and liver cancers are accompanied by loss of appetite, weight loss, fatigue, anemia, blood in urine (kidney cancer) etc.  However, there may be no symptoms in initial stages. All the best with the investigations! Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.