Cancer Community
Long term swollen lymphnodes in neck recently become painful

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Hey, for nearly a year now I've had enlarged and swollen glands in my neck, I went to the doctor after about 2 months of them being swollen and my doctor just said it's my body fighting an infection and not to worry, I waited again for them to go down and they didn't so again I visited the doctor and try said the same thing. Altogether I've been to the doctors about 3 times about my glands and they've always said it's just my body fighting infection.
In April I started having trouble with my eating, I had no interest In food what so ever and felt sick when I ate or thought about food, I went to the doctor in may about this and was diagnosed with anorexia, I have lost over 2 stone since then. I've always felt run down, tired and weak, and I get loopy temperatures where sometimes I will be boiling and other times completely freezing and it affects me everyday. The last blood test I had came up with a low White blood count but I hadn't seen my doctor about that again, over the past 2 weeks the glands have become painful and achy to my neck, I went to the doctor and only told her about my glands and none other of the symptoms because I didn't realise try could be related, but she checked all my glands over and said my gland in my neck is about the size of a coin between a 5 and 10 pence piece.
She said to come back in a month and see how it is and if it needs removing.
Could all my symptoms be related to one thing?
I'm desperate for answers as my doctor didn't give me any, and it's worrying me about what could be wrong.
Thank you so much.