Cancer Community
Lump in both armpits

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Lump in both armpits

I have a penny sized lump under both armpits.  They are very tender.  I do not have insurance right now and I am trying to figure out what to do.  They hurt just to have my arm in a resting position.  I did have a full hysterectomy due to cervical cancer in 2005.  I dont have the money to pay to go to a Dr just for them to say its a hair bump.  Suggestions on how to tell the difference?
I do not shave my armpit area due to sensitivity.  If that helps.
thats probable swollen lymph nodes when ur body is tryin to fight off bacteria they swell.. u may be coming down with a cold. if you cant see the part that hurts like theres no redness etc its probable ur lymph nodes. if it doesnt go away in like 2 or so weeks i would go to one of those walk in clinics insurance or not ur healths more important.. but sounds like theres nothing to worry about.,. could u tell me how u came about being diagnosed with cervical cancer? im going through the coloscopy stage right now and waiting for results very scared
I found out when I was pregnant with my Daughter actually.  They told me that I had an abnormal pap.  They wanted me to abort the pregnancy at the time because they said it was already at a stage 4.  I had a colposcopy (spelling) at the dysplasia clinic.  I was already pretty far a long so I refused.  After I had my daughter I went through freezing the cells etc and it didnt work.  I have a long history of uterine cancer, cervical cancer and ovarian cancer in my family so at that point they suggested the easiest and most effective method was to have the hysterectomy.

I wish you luck in the testing.  In my case they said it was pretty severe...I am sure you will have better results.  Chin up :D