Lump in cheek bone
I hate to admit it, but I'm definitely a hypochondriac but I've been trying really hard to calm my fears and avoid my obsessive worrying.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to let go of my latest symptom.  I found what seems to be a lump under the skin attached to my left high cheek bone under my eye.  The lump seems to move slightly, but also seems attached to the bone underneath.  I've convinced myself of the worst unfortunately, and was curious if it could be related to the following.  5 years ago I fainted after a blood test and landed directly on the spot where the lump currently resides.  I had a concussion and swelling where I hit the area.  The area was incredibly painful, but it went away after a few months and I forgot about.  I wish I could remember if there was a lump there after the injury, but I cannot.

Even though it's been 5 years since the injury, could this cause a lump to form?  I don't want to go back to my doctor because I just had a prior symptom resolved and he's going to think I'm an idiot.  I am going to wait a few weeks before i call him, and was just hoping to get some peace of mind before my next appointment.  How likely is it that it is cancer?  I feels like a ridge or a capsule under the skin that is attached to the cheek bone and moves around slightly.  I would appreciate any feedback that could help me get through the next couple weeks until I meet with my doctor.  Thanks for your help
Pum
You know that it's unlikely this is cancer. There are so many harmless things it could be including scar tissue from your old injury. It could also be a oily cyst, a pimply coming on, or other things. Don't touch it for a week and then see if it has grown or shrunk or stayed the same. Try to focus on other things in that week. One or two weeks won't make a difference even if it was cancer and by no means do I think it is. So try to forget it.
Thank for your response Pum I appreciate it
I have 2 deformed cheekbones on both sides of my face. They stick out pretty far especially on the right side. I don't know the cause except for some unresolved abscesses I had about 10 years ago and some issues with tmj 3 years ago. Also I used to have frequent nosebleeds as a child for no apparent reason. I don't know if this could be the cause or what. I was not born this way and my face used to be normal. If anyone could offer some advice it would be appreciated . Thanks  muscacist1