Cancer Community
Lump in groin area.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Lump in groin area.

I am a 23-year-old male with a small, hard lump, about 1cm in diameter, to the right of my scrotum, directly where my groin and right leg meet. It is not inside the scrotum or on the leg, but between the two. It seems to be attached to the skin. There is no redness or other discoloration, and does not hurt when touched.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi.  From the location you described, that lump seems to me to be a lymph node, which is normally found in that area.  A one centimeter size node in that area is not unusual, and if it's not red or tender, then you may opt to just observe it for a month or two.  If it grows bigger, or additional symptoms appear, then that's the time to have it checked by a doctor.