Cancer Community
Lump in throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Lump in throat

Hi, I am 20 years old a few weeks ago I noticed that there is a lump in my throat.  It is located about 2 inches to the right of my adams apple and another inch up from there.  It does not hurt when I touch it but it has not gone away.  Some other symptoms I have is that I will occasionally get a pain on the right side of my throat.  It is not like sore throat but just a pain.  Also I have noticed a grinding and clicking noise when I swallow.  I Also have had a bit of blood in my snot when i blow my nose which I went on Amoxicillen (pardon the spelling) for and it went away but then came back.  If anyone has any idea what may be going on please help. My main concern is some sort of throat cancer because I was a user of smokeless tobacco for about 2 and a half years.  I have quit tobacco for about 6 months but I am still worries.  Any ideas would be great. Thanks
Tags: throat, lumps, help, Cancer
Sorry I forgot to add this, but I have also been having headaches around my eyes and the front of my head.  They will come on suddenly and only last for a few minutes. but I get them a few times everyday.  Also I have Acid Reflux and I am taking prevacid for it.  I also have a lot of phlem in my throat particularly in the morning when I wake up and I do seem to be a bit more tired than usual.