Cancer Expert Forum
Lump in weird area

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Lump in weird area

I am a 21 year old healthy male.

So I was taking a shower about 10 mins ago and I noticed a decent sized lump located 2-3 inches above the start of my penis. Basically in the pubic hair region, towards the top of that. The left side is flat and as you make your way to the right side it rises about an inch or so. It stuck out to me alot...so it couldnt of been there for long.

It doesn't hurt and isn't hard. It almost feels like its just full of fluid or fat tissue or something? Idk.

Thanks for your help.
I apologise for the delay in answering your question.
Your description of a lump in the inguinal / femoral area that decreases when you lie down, and increases when you stand is a classic description of a "hernia". This term refers to the protrusion of a part of abdominal content (usually intestine) through a weak spot on the abdominal wall. Surgical correction of the abdominal wall defect is usually required.
Please have a surgeon evaluate you quickly.
All the best, and God Bless!
Wow im an idiot. I'm 22 not 21. Not that it makes any difference, but still lol.
pretty ****** to actually charge people $10 to ask a question and get a legit answer, but meh, thats how stuff is nowadays.

you'd expect to get it answered the same day you answer it though...this is kind of ridiculous.
the lump actually goes down/gets smaller when i go to sleep. i just wokeup from a minny nap and it was barely visible. after i get up and moving around it gets bigger. anyways im going to the doctors in the morning so i should figure it out.

Thanks for all the help medhelp....lol