Cancer Community
Lump on back of head, on hairline, to the right

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I have a small hard lump on the back of my head, to the right hand side, and it is the size of a marble. It doesn't hurt, but have had a stiff neck this past week. Is this coincidental? and also is it something to be worried about? It certainly isn't my skull, but is just to the right of the base of my skull
Avatar dr f tn
Hi, how long has the lump been present? It could be a sebaceous cyst or a lipoma. It could also be an enlarge lymph node. If it is painful then it could be due to an infection and cause the neck stiffness, in the absence of which it is unlikely to cause the neck stiffness. But please consult your doctor as it is difficult to tell what exactly is the lump without examining. Regards.