Lump on cervix

I am really concerned about having cervical cancer after finding quite a solid lump maybe compared to a matchstick tip on my cervix. It is sometimes painful to have sex although I am not sure if that is my paranoia?? I have had regular smears my last being March 07 and they said it was clear of cancer cells  yet slightly unclear due to a yeast infection then said not to worry about another smear for 2 years?? concerning?
I am 27 years old  
Hi Lucy,
Sometimes there are cysts and/or polyps on the cervix that are generally harmless though they have been known to interfere with fertility in some cases.
"Cervical cysts usually are discovered incidentally during a pelvic exam. They typically cause no symptoms and don't require treatment unless they grow large enough to cause pain. In such cases, treatment may include removal of the cyst."
                                                   www.mayoclinic.com/health/cervical-cysts/AN00123
"Cervical polyps are fingerlike growths that start on the surface of the cervix or endocervical canal."
"They may be associated with chronic inflammation, an abnormal response to increased levels of estrogen, or clogged cervical blood vessels."

www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001494.htm
Polyps are usually painless but can cause abnormal bleeding following intercourse or douching.
Polyps have rarely been associated with cancer also.
Since you have had a pap smear just over a year back, with no pathology suggesting abnormal cells at the time, it is unlikely that this lump you fell is malignant.

If you feel that the lump is symtomatic and interfering with your normal life, do see your ob/gyn for further investigation and, possibly, removal of the growth.

regards