Cancer Community
Lump on left side of scrotum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Lump on left side of scrotum

Hello i am a 19 year old male and recently i have discovered a soft lump about 1 cm in diameter on my upper left testicle.  However, this lump went away within about 10 minutes, and came back about a week later for the same time period.  It was almost a bulg of many different veins together.  When it goes away i can not feel any other lumps in my testicles.  I was also experiencing some other symptoms that seem to be similar of that of testicular cancer such as lower abdomin (abdomen) or back pain, but they have both gone away.  There seems to be no swelling in my testicles and at most times all of my symptoms go away, but i am also experience some ED at times, and wonder if it could be related.  My main question is, if these symptoms generally go away is it still possible that i have testicular cancer?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi.  From your description, that lump is most likely a varicocoele, which is a clump if veins that get prominent when the veins dilate.  It's not cancerous, and is not usually a serious condition.  Testicular cancer usually presents as a firm to hard, solid, painless mass, which does not fit the description of the lump you have.