Cancer Community
Lump on my knee

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Lump on my knee

I'm just wondering, I have had a lump on just on the side of my right knee.  Its been about 2 years I have had it.  I thought it might have been a pimple and anytime I tried to pop it or squeeze it, it felt like a needle going up my leg.  Now its about 2-3x the size it was 2 years ago, with no pain.  Its shiny looking and reddish, dusky color.  approx 11 mths ago too I noticed I had a rash starting on my lower back which now has spread over my entire back, going across my flanks, up and over my shoulder and up my neck.  It's a flat red, flesh color rash that occasionally itches.  I do have a large history of cancer in my family, including skin cancer in which my great aunt died of 6 years ago.  I also use to burn quite bad when I was a kid.  I am just wondering if this is something I should be concerned about.  if so whats might your thoughts be as to what it is?  Also i noticed recently on my arms etc I started to get alot of small cherry red freckles, but they are quite small right now.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi.  The lump on the side of your knee which has persisted for two years and which has grown in size may be a potentially serious condition and should be examined by a doctor.  Since you have other skin problems as well, the best thing to do is to have these all checked by a dermatologist.  A biopsy of the knee lump may nedd to be done to determine what it is exactly.