Cancer Community
Lump on my spine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Lump on my spine

I am 38 and I don't have health insurance. I'm a smoker but I tend to be healthy with the exception of the occasional cold. Recently I have noticed a 'lump' on the right side of my spine at the base of my skull. I don't know how long it's been there, but the last couple of days my neck has been stiff. I'm not experiencing headaches. I'm just wondering what the most affordable approach to diagnosis might be... I was thinking Chiropractor for an xray and let him tell me if it might be serious
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? The lump could be musculoskeletal or superficial in location. Imaging studies such as  X-ray is a god start in evaluating the lump and determining the location. Depending on the result, your doctor or healthcare provider will layout the management plan. Take care and do keep us posted.