Cancer Community
Lump on testicle
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lump on testicle

My 14 yr old son came to me tonight and said he had just found a lump on his right testicle.  He was very frightened that it might be testicular cancer.  Noone in our family has had this and my son's testicles both dropped when he was a baby.  I checked the lump and it is about 1/2" in diameter, solid and is painful when touched.  We are calling the doctor tomorrow to get him in for a check-up but I was wondering if you have any insight into what this could be.  He had a complete physical this past summer and nothing was found.

Thank you.
Sue
Related Discussions
Hi Sue.
Testicular cancer is common among the 15-35 years age group.  It usually presents as a painless testicular mass.  However, there are patients who complain of testicular pain or discomfort.  
Epididymitis, epididymal cyst, hydrocele, spermatocele are few conditions that can present with a testicular lump.
I agree with your decision to have him checked by his doctor.  A scrotal ultrasound may help in the diagnosis.
Good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank