Cancer Expert Forum
Lumps on my lower back. What Is it?

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Lumps on my lower back. What Is it?

I'm a 2 2y/o female. Last year I noticed a palpable lump on my lower back a cm away from my S2, its about 2.5 cm, and non-movable. I didn't think it was something else and neglected it. But lately, I felt another smaller one below it. Although it doesn't hurt, I'm bothered that this could be something that  might potentially endanger me. I haven't gone to any doctors yeat but i would love to have an overview of what conditions could this possibly be? Aside from this, I noticed that I'm having severe back pain each time I get stressed may it be emotionally or physically and during my monthly periods that are irregular at times. My metabolism is very slow, I easily gain weight even though I eat in small amounts that I have to drink some pills to help me lose weight. Please help me learn about this symptoms.
There may be a variety of causes of a low back lump. These range in etiology from surgical, muscuar, or skeletal causes, infection or inflammation, to several types of benign tumors.
Based on your age, metabolic profile, slow growth of these lumps, and lack of any local symptoms (except PMS induced back pain), I would not specifically suspect malignancy in your case.
Please consult a doctor for a physical examination. He/she may like to order an MRI of the spine if clinically indicated.
All the best, and God Bless!
Thank you very much for giving me an overview regarding my symptoms. Its really a great relief on my part knowing that this lumps ain't malignant. I really really do appreciate it. I hope God returns you all the favors in return.

GOD BLESS YOU!!!
Thanks for the kind words.
Please keep me posted about what your doctor advises, and the results of the tests.
Good Luck!