Lung Cancer and fluid around the heart
My sister has stage 4 lung cancer.  She was now diagnosed with fluid around her heart and they are operating on her today to drain the fluid.  Her lung cancer is inoperable due to the fact that where it is, is too close to the heart.  I wanted to know if this procedure is dangerous?  Can she recover?  Also I am 48 yrs old, had quit smoking for 4 and 1/2 years, and started again about a year ago.  I know you arent God, but what are the chances of me getting lung cancer since my sister has it.  I plan on quitting again, so please dont yell at me, but I did have a chest x-ray to check for it last year and it came back clean.  Is a chest x-ray good enough to ease my worries for now?  Please let me know asap, as her surgery is in a few hours.  Thank you so much for your time and knowledge.
How did she do.  My wife had the same surgery on her 52nd birthday.  That was March 22, 2007.  She had small cell lung cancer that have moved to the adrenal gland.

She did alright with this surgery removing fluid from around the heart.  But she was overcome with the cancer and passed away April 20th.  

I know what you are going through and I am so sorry.  My wife fought this cancer for 2 years and eleven months.  I miss her so much.  
we just got the  news that my mother had 4 stage lung cancer as well and she have other help troubles as well  she is almost 70 she had a xray  and then ct scan and now they going to do a biopsy  next week its  so hard  casue she  thinks  that  the biospy will  say she  dont have it but  i no why yney are  doing the biospy that will tell how fast it is  and how long  she has  ans all that am i right on that   answer that some one for me and all say  a pray for my mother she is the best mother  i know i have the best parents anyone  can have   please help out with the ??? someone anyone  anybody help me thank you may god bless all of us