Lymph Node Removal - Lymph Fluid Leaking
I had lymph nodes removed in my axilla region and my inguinal region.  The good news is results were benign.  The bad news is that the incision in my inguinal region has become swollen.  I consulted my surgeon who seems to think that one the lymph vessels wasnt tied off well enough and now fluid is leaking causing the swelling.  Is this something that commonly occurs?  The lump is the size of a small roma tomato.  He wants to go back in to tie off the vessel to stop the leak.  He also said that draining wouldnt help.  How often do these types of operations go wrong.  I am at a loss as it has been a very difficult year.  Any information would be helpful.
Thank you !
Hi.  I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you.  Post operative swelling due to a leaking lymphatic vessel isn't really a common occurrence, but it can happen.  At least your surgeon is honest enough to admit that the cause of the swelling may have been an error in surgical technique.  Fortunately, the solution is straightforward and doesn't seem to be complicated.  I think you should let your surgeon go ahead and tie off that leaking vessel, so that your condition will be resolved sooner.