Cancer Community
Lymph nodes / liver

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Lymph nodes / liver

i have multiple swollen lymph nodes in my neck. The largest is on the high end of "normal" limits as seen on a ct scan and has been there about 2 years. It is still growing and I now have 5 swollen nodes in total in my neck. I also have had elevated liver enzymes with no real explanation ( I am not a drinker). Cold they be related? I have recently been having night sweats and fatigue issues as well.
According to the mayo clinic website - "Swollen lymph nodes usually occur as a result of exposure to a bacteria or virus. Less commonly, swollen lymph nodes are caused by cancer.

Your lymph nodes, also called lymph glands, play a vital role in your body's ability to fight off viruses, bacteria and other causes of illnesses. Common areas where you might notice swollen lymph nodes include your neck, under your chin, in your armpits and in your groin.

Swollen lymph nodes may become inflamed. This is known as lymphadenitis (lim-fad-uh-NI-tis). Treatment for lymphadenitis depends on the cause. In some cases, the passage of time and the use of over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers and warm compresses may be all you need to treat swollen lymph nodes. For more serious cases, treatment of swollen lymph nodes involves treating the underlying cause. "