Cancer Community
Lymphoma in 5 year old girl
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lymphoma in 5 year old girl

Ok, so here is a long background.   My daughter was born prematurely at 27wks.  She left the NICU in only 3 weeks.  She has always been sickly.  She has constant URI and takes breathing treatments twice a day.  I first noticed pea sized nodules on the back of her neck and behind her ears when she was 1.  Until recently, they remained unchanged.  About a month ago, we noticed the nodules had become larger and there were more.  I took her to the Dr. 2 wks ago.  They did a CBC, CMP, and EBV titter.  All labs came back normal, with the exception of Blood Glucose level being 116.  She has had no recent infections, no antibiotics were given.  I am a nurse, and upon reviewing all of her symptoms( enlarged tonsils and adnoids since 2yo, low grade fever usually 99-100 at all times, night sweats, low body weight she weighs only 39 pounds, and she sleeps 14 hours a day)  I demand her ped Dr. take a second look.  When we got there she said the lymph nodes were bigger and more in quantity, she has swollen lymphnodes in her groin and underarms as well.  She had a temp of 100.1, and looked very peaked.  She had lost 2 pounds since the visit 2 wks before.  Her spleen also felt enlarged. The Dr. refered us to the children's hospital general surgery for a biopsy, to ENT for tonsil and adnoid (adenoid) removal,  and to infectious disease.  She did not order a ct or x-ray.  i called today to demand one or the other to hopefully speed the process along.  I am looking for similar stories.....do you have a child who was diagnosed with NHL?  Her ped tried to act calm but I could tell there was something worrying her.  I have been telling them four 4 years now that there is something wrong with my daughter.  Finally they are listening.  No child should sleep 14 hours a day, she starts K this august and I really just need some input.  I am scared to death, in my heart I know she has NHL. Any advice, words of encouragement, or stories are welcome.