Cancer Community
Lymphoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Lymphoma

I was wondering about the signs of lymphoma.  Back in 2009 I had a a CT scan as a follow up on kidney stones.  It showed, in addition to still having the kidney stones, I had an enlarged spleen.  I recently found some lumps on the right side of my neck.  Probably at least 3, possibly  more.  Should I be concerned about it being lymphoma?  I am a 32 year old female.  
Hi I would definately go back to your doctor just in case. Symptoms are excessive sweating, fevers, weight loss, fatigue/lack of energy and generalised itching. These days anyone can get Lymphoma it use to be a very young persons disease or the elderly got it. Last year I had it and I was only 37 years old. Also check your goin and your arm pits and see if you have any lumps there. Also usually if the enlarged nodes are sore it usually means you have an infection as in Lymphomas the lump is firm and usually painless. Best to get a blood test done and see what that shows up. Good Luck.
My friend who is a male of 24 yrs was diagnosed of DSRCT last year(march 2009) and underwnt surgery where it was removed and was follwed with chemo and radiation trtmnts..which is still goin on... and subsequent scans came clear by God's grace.
recently he witnessed blood in his urine due to doc recommndd for another scan.. and following is the report.

"EVIDENCE OF ENLARGED LYMPH NODES ARE NOTED IN THE LOWER PARAAORTIC REGION TOWARDS LEFT OF MIDLINE CLOSE TO BIFURCATION OF AORTA.THE MAX SIZE IS 19MMX11MM.
TWO  WELL DEIFINED T1 HYPOINTENSE AREAS HYOERINTENSE ON T1 AND STIR ARE SEEN IN LEFT COMMON ILIAC REGION.WITH IRREGULAR ENHANCEMENT  ON CONTRAST ADMINISTRATION AND WITH RESTRICTED DIFFUSION ON DWI.(ENLARGED LYMPH NODES SIZE  2.6CMX2.1CM AND 2CMX1.5CM.THERE IS EVIDENCE OF CENTRAL DISC BULGE AT L-4 L-5 WITH INDENTATION OF THECAL SAC"

The doc said nothing to worry..and she wants to observe its metabolic activity for anothr 3 months and thn tak another scan and meanwhile she will continue with chemo..we all are really worried..kindly giv some advice