Cancer Community
Medical Bills Help!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Medical Bills Help!!!

Hi there everyone.  My name is Scott and I am a new member of this message board.  I wanted to see if anyone can help me.  I am a cancer survivor, (12 years now), but after all of my surgeries and such, I had some remaining ailments that caused me to be rushed to the ER a few times while I was not insured.  The bills have been piling up and I dont know what to do.  I spoke to the hospital and they told me that the bills have been sent to collections already and they cannot help me with any sort of assistance program or anything of the sort.  I am REALLY in need of some advice on some potential solutions to get these bills resolved because they are really starting to weigh on my mind and worry me terribly.  Can anyone suggest an option of some sort of "assistance" or program or anything that can help me to get these bills taken care of and let me get back to my life?  Please help!!
Have you asked the cancer help to help you there is a toll free no where they help the one with cancer maybe they have a solution my husband has cancer also a daughter in K C has cancer of throat she has had a hard time to, and has had readiation she cant talk or eat solid food she is now back in hosp she cant swallow she could not get ensure, but i do know there is a cancer place thet will help in some things have you tried title 19 each state is different i guess i do hope you get help i know what you mean when the bills pile up  luck hang in there jo