Cancer Community
Metastatic Bladder Cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Metastatic Bladder Cancer

My husband had his bladder removed about 3 years ago due to a high grade cancer.  Two months later he had his uretha removed for cancer.  Since then, his CT scans had shown no further problems.  Last fall he began to have back pain that was diagnosed as arthritis.  We have recently found out that it was actually cancer in his spine and pelvic area.  There are also numerous nodules in both lungs and a growth in the abdominal area.  The bones are being treated with radiation for the pain.  The plan is then to use Chemotherapy to prolong his life, but we have been told he will probably not last more than 12 to 14 months.  I really would like to know what to expect and have not been able to get any answers.  Will he be mostly comfortable for the next year?  Or, is it more likely he will get physically worse?  He is 55 now and other than the back pain is relatively symptom free.  I just want some idea of what the next year may be like for both of us.