Micro Calcificatio 2 Lymphe Nodes are clear
Hi All, as I mentioned it earlier, my sister has Micro Calcification with clusters all over  her right breast(Almost 9cm).Mastectomy has performed and her 2 lymph nodes are clear and doctors sent for Pathology Test and out of 100 pieces 36 were negitive and waiting for the remaining 64 test results. So, can you please let me know her condition and what stage she is in. She is just 36years old and a mother of 6years and 2years old kids.
Hi.  Your sister's stage will depend on the histology (tissue type) of those microcalcifications.  From what you've posted, there is as yet NO EVIDENCE that your sister has breast cancer, since the 36 microcalcification samples studied have all turned out negative, as well as the two excised nodes.  If those microcalcifications turn out to be carcinoma in situ, then this would be a very early stage of breast cancer (Stage 0) and would have an excellent prognosis if given the proper treatment.  If the histology turns out to be invasive ductal carcinoma, some other procedures would need to be done to complete the staging workup.  If only two nodes were excised, additional nodes (for a total of 10) may need to be sampled, unless those two nodes are "sentinel" nodes.  The doctor also needs to do imaging studies (e.g. X-Rays, CAT scan, PET scan) to determine if there is cancer spread to other body organs like the lungs, liver and bone.  Metastases to distant body parts means that the cancer is at an advanced stage (Stage 4) and may not be curable.